Product Quality & Safety
As a business to business, non-consumer facing manufacturer, our products are not subject to consumer-oriented safety standards. Product quality, however, is critical to our ability to meet our promises to our customers, to maintain our reputation and to meet our financial goals. To this end, each of our Business Units has established at least one metric and goal to improve the quality of the products we deliver to our customers. Below is a list of the businesses and their key quality metrics which reflect how well our processes deliver repeatable quality. The Standex Value Creation System and the Operational Excellence Pillar have a common set of lean tools that our businesses can deploy as appropriate when we fall below expectations on delivering customer quality.
- Electronics – Scrap %, At Fault RMA’s
- Engraving – Customer Complaint Ratio, Warranty Claims $ and %, Cost of Quality
- Scientific – Warranty Cost of Poor Quality, Rejected PPM
- ETG – Rework %, Cost of Poor Quality, Scrap %
- Specialty Solutions – Warranty Returns PPM, Reject Rate %